- How safe is your home? (I.e. Locks, Doors, Lighting, Alarms, Grand kids.)
- Exterior lighting. (Where? motion? working? Used? Great deterrent!)
- Landscape. (Overgrown? Can people see windows, doors? Can you see out? Hiding places.)
- Snow removal? (Are you going away? Does it look like house is being used?)
- Exterior Doors/Locks. (Locks working? Dead bolts? Peep hole? Are Locks being used? At all times!
Do not make it easy for criminals.)
- Windows. (Locked at night? Open when gone? Valuables in plane site? Curtains closed at night?)
- Interior lighting. (Lights left on at night, while gone, lights on timers when gone for long periods.)
- Address numbers? (Easily visible? Lighted? Reflective? On Mailbox? Great for emergency responders!
Can they be seen from the road?)
- Alarms? (Smoke Alarms Working? Carbon Monoxide? House Alarms? Cancellation codes etc., what to do?)
- Strangers. (Avoid letting into house, make phone call for them while they remain outside,
call police if they appear suspicious)
- Neighborhood Watch programs are an excellent deterrent for crime in your area; it helps to bring back the neighboring
- in your neighborhood. Neighbors look out for one another by observing and reporting suspicious activity to the police